It’s an oft-asked question: does maintenance really save me money? The answer is yes. We’ll explain more below about how and why a heating tune-up in Pipersville can save you money, but more importantly, if you haven’t scheduled maintenance yet this year, it’s time to do so. It’s recommended that you schedule your heating system for maintenance every 12 months; if it’s been longer than that since your last maintenance appointment, call Carney Plumbing Heating & Cooling today and schedule a maintenance appointment with one of our experts.
What Happens During a Routine Maintenance Appointment?
A maintenance appointment doesn’t involve a simple once-over of your system. Instead, it is a full tune-up complete with inspection, cleaning and adjusting as needed. Small repairs are made, and if a large repair is discovered, you’ll be notified about the problem and given the opportunity to schedule repair to correct it. Here is a general overview of what to expect from a routine maintenance appointment:
- Thorough inspection of entire system
- Cleaning of components
- Changing of air filter, if needed
- Lubrication of all moving parts
- Safety testing
- Electrical testing
- Performance tests
- Visual inspection of ductwork
- Small repairs (frayed wires, belt changes)
How Does Maintenance Save Money?
Maintenance can save you money in the following ways:
- Increases energy efficiency – your system was made to operate at a certain level of energy efficiency. When it is dirty, dusty and worn from last season, it can be very challenging for your heater to achieve its normal level of efficiency. The tune-up your system receives during a maintenance appointment allows the system to operate optimally, which helps it reduce its energy usage.
- Helps prevent repair – the thorough inspection allows the technician to detect any existing or developing problems; additionally, the small repairs that can occur during a routine maintenance appointment help get you ahead of small problems that can become bigger ones. Reducing the level and incidence of repair of your heater can help you save money.
- Extends life of equipment – stress causes your system to prematurely age; a system can easily come under stress when it is dirty and worn out. Maintenance keeps your heater in good working order season after season, which helps extend the life of the equipment.
It is almost officially winter – have you scheduled your heating system in Pipersville for a tune-up yet? If not, contact Carney Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning today!