It’s getting chilly here in Pennsylvania, and many of you may have already turned on your heating system for the winter. Before you turned your system on, did you schedule maintenance? Maintenance is a tune-up for your heating system in Yardley, and if you haven’t had your system maintained in over 12 months, it’s time to give your Carney Plumbing Heating & Cooling technician a call and schedule an appointment.
Carney Plumbing Heating & Cooling performs maintenance for all combustion heating systems, heat pumps and geothermal systems. Here is a general overview of what to expect from a routine maintenance appointment:
- Thorough inspection of system
- Check for corrosion, holes and/or cracks on components
- Lubrication of all moving parts
- Adjustments made where needed
- Small repair (corroded wiring fixed, fan belts replaced)
- Safety tests
- Check and changing of filter (if applicable)
- Check of refrigerant (for heat pumps)
- Check of system pressures (boilers)
- Check and cleaning of burner assembly (combustion systems)
- Performance tests
Why Schedule a Tune-Up?
Here are the benefits you and your heating system can gain from scheduling a fall tune-up:
- Increased energy efficiency – your heating system was made to operate at a certain level of energy efficiency. When it is worn and dirty, it is very hard for the system to achieve this.
- Helps prevents repair – your technician conducts a thorough inspection of your system during a maintenance appointment to detect any existing or developing problems. This, coupled with the cleaning, adjusting and lubrication the components receive, helps prevent repair needs.
- Extends life of your system – maintenance keeps your system and its components in good working order; this helps reduce the level of wear and tear on your system, which can help extend the life of your equipment.
It is strongly recommended that you schedule a tune-up for your heating system in Yardley every 12 months.
Winter is just about here, so take some time to call Carney Plumbing Heating & Cooling and schedule an appointment with your technician today!