If you own a boiler in Jamison, regular maintenance is very important. Performed in the fall, before your boiler is turned on for the first time, this maintenance will ensure your system works properly and efficiently for the coming months. Here are a few of the tasks performed by a Jamison heating professional during a maintenance call visit:
- Clean Surfaces – The front and rear doors to the boiler are removed and the surfaces are all vacuumed and cleaned carefully.
- Gasket Repair – All gaskets on the doors are checked and replaced if necessary to ensure your system works properly. Similar repairs are performed on the hand hole and man hole plates and the low and auxiliary low water cut off controls.
- Burner and Pilot – The burner plates and pilot light are thoroughly inspected and cleaned. A technician will also check the pilot electrode and then test the pilot to ensure it works as intended.
- Air Damper – The air damper and blower are both cleaned and tested for potential issues before turning back on.
- Burner Adjustment – The burners are tested and adjusted for proper combustion and tests are performed to ensure the flame is right. Flame safeguard and safety trip checks are also performed to ensure the system will turn off as needed.
- Control Piping – The control piping plugs are removed and cleaned, as is the entire pathways between
Boiler maintenance is the most effective way to ensure your heating system continues to work properly throughout the coming winter. Because of the nature of a boiler and the fact that most systems use natural gas or oil, it is important that a professional be the one to perform the above tasks. Call Carney Plumbing Heating & Cooling today to schedule your appointment!