It’s amazing (and for some, probably sad) to realize that the Fall Equinox just passed and we’ve officially passed into the next season. If you own a heat pump system, you know how easy and convenient it is to switch from cooling to heating, and that’s exactly where our weather is right now: warm during the day, cool and crisp at night. This is one of the great benefits of a heat pump system, but also why it’s so important to have your heat pump in Blue Bell professionally maintained not once, but twice, a year.
It Does Twice the Work
Unlike more traditional heating and cooling systems where separate components are responsible for heating and cooling your home, a heat pump does both. This means it suffers twice the amount of wear and tear and stress of other systems. Maintenance is the cure for these problems and more. As the homeowner, you can do simple maintenance things like changing your heat pump’s air filter, but the following kinds of tasks should always be left to your Carney Plumbing Heating & Cooling HVAC technician:
- Inspect all electrical connections; check for proper voltage and current draw
- Clean the thermostat, particularly the contact points
- Check the thermistors and sensors; make any adjustments necessary
- Fully inspect and thoroughly clean the indoor coil and condensate array
- Check and verify that the system has proper air flow for ducted heat pump systems
- Check and clean indoor blower; adjust if necessary
- Lubricate all moving parts
- Check and replace fan belt if needed
- Clean the outdoor unit
- Check the system’s refrigerant
- Check the operation of the reversing valve
- Conduct performance testing to verify proper, efficient and safe operation
As you can see, bi-annual maintenance for your heat pump system is a full tune-up of the system. With fall’s arrival, it’s time to schedule maintenance for your heat pump system, and the experts at Carney Plumbing Heating & Cooling are here to help.