Have you been getting frustrated with your oil or electrically-based heating system? Do you wish to have other appliances on natural gas? Then it may be time to consider a natural gas conversion in Doylestown. Converting to natural gas is a process that involves several steps, the handling of heavy, complex equipment and managing the correct piping for the natural gas to flow safely into your home. What does this mean? You need an expert to handle your natural gas conversion, and the experts at Carney Plumbing Heating & Cooling are here to help.
The process of converting from oil to natural gas involves a number of steps, including:
- Site evaluation – this typically includes evaluating the current heater and how much gas piping will be needed to reach your home.
- Estimate for scope of work – your technician will provide you with a scope of work and an estimate for the work to be done.
- Coordination with the gas company – a lot of paperwork has to be processed in order to move forward with the conversion, and this is something the experts at Carney Plumbing Heating & Cooling will handle. The paperwork will involve issues such as who owns the property, where the property is located and other administrative issues that pertain to the conversion, including permits.
- Installation of the gas piping – once all the paperwork and permits have been completed, the technicians will move forward with installing your gas piping from the street to inside your home.
- Inspection – once all of the piping has been installed, the gas company will need to inspect the work and approve it before any appliances can be connected to the gas.
- Installation of gas heater – as soon as the piping clears inspection, your new gas heater can be installed.
While the process may seem a bit cumbersome, there are some important benefits to converting your heating system from oil to natural gas:
- Convenience of a fuel – with natural gas, there is no more need to manage fuel deliveries
- You can fuel a number of appliances with the new gas line – you can add a water heater, a dryer, etc., to use your new gas fuel line
- Clean-burning fuel – if you’ve had concerns about using oil, natural gas is the cleanest-burning of all the fossil fuels
If you have been thinking of converting from gas to oil, call the people you can trust: Carney Plumbing Heating & Cooling.